Thursday, November 18, 2010

Journal #24

There are many times when one's mind plays tricks on them. Often, the mind will play tricks on people when they are afraid of something or are paranoid. People are normally more wary when it is dark out, and that is more often when people see something that is not there. They also can not see everything clearly when it is dark out, and that adds on to their worry. I have been scared many times in the dark after I have seen scary movies or television shows, because I often go to bed right after them, and when I was younger I was afraid of the dark. I would think that the people or animals or beasts in the show that I had just watched would be in my room, so I would be very scared about what was in my room. I would want one of my parents to come and tuck me in, and I would always put my head right under the covers as soon as they left and the light was out. I also did that when I had nightmares, because those always freaked me out a lot. I would always hide completely under the covers with enough room open in my covers to have a breathing passageway. I would also get a stuffed rabbit that I called "Bunny" and I would put him right next to me on the pillow next to me. I always thought that he would protect me from any scary monsters and keep me safe, because when I was younger I thought he was the epitome of goodness, so he could keep any scary monsters that were in my room away. He always made me feel better when he was there, and he consistently helped me get back to sleep at night because I thought he would protect me. There are many times when people can have tricks played on their mind, and it often happens in the dark when people are already scared and wary anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment