Thursday, January 20, 2011

Journal #33

There are many things that are particular to this area. Horseshoes are the greatest example, because they are only in Central Illinois. A horseshoe is a food item that would be considered an open faced sandwich. It consists of a piece of bread on the bottom, a hamburger on top of that, french fries on the burger, and cheese drizzled over the whole top. If one does not like hamburgers, one can substitute a different kind of meat, and one can put any different kind of cheese in the sauce, or they can use a mixture. Another thing that originated in Springfield is Charlie Parker's, which is another restaurant. I have never been to Charlie Parker's, but my father has, and he says it is delicious. Charlie Parker's has also been on the Food Network Channel on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives with Guy Fieri. That shows that it is incredibly delicious, plus it also has huge pancakes. I am pretty sure that their pancakes are the size of a small pizza, and they will serve four at a time. They have contests, and if one person can eat all four pancakes, they get their meal for free. I think it would be extremely hard to eat all four pancakes, especially in one sitting, but apparently some people manage to do it. If I ever got an order of those pancakes, I would bring along my father, my mother, my two brothers, and my boyfriend, and I would make them all help me eat it. I would probably drown it in syrup, but since there is such a vast quantity of pancakes, there would probably be gallons of syrup that I would have to use. I would have to cut it into about a billion different pieces, just so it would be bite-size and I would be able to eat it. I like Springfield, and many great things have come from here, most of them being food or food-related.

No comments:

Post a Comment