Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Journal #28

People often have to convince others of doing something. There are many examples of this in every life, and it most often involves parents. Children have to convince their parents to let them do a number of things. They are often little things, like letting them eat ice cream or stay up a little bit late to watch a movie. Last night, my brother convinced my parents to let us all eat some ice cream at home after his basketball game. Sometimes, if they are in the middle of a TV show and it is their bedtime, but there are only a few minutes of the show left, they convince my parents to let them stay up long enough so that they can finish the show. I remember doing that quite often, and I also convinced my parents to let us eat out sometimes, because we had been good and they had been in a good mood. I also sometimes convinced them to buy me things that I needed, or even just things that I wanted, and I continue to do that today. Sometimes I just find something that I really like, and it is always an article of clothing, so sometimes my mom just buys it for me, because I can always wear clothes, and if I pick it out and like it, I am more willing to wear it around. My family is very nice to me and I love them all very much. Some people are really good at convincing others to do what that person wants them to do. Often this can happen because of peer pressure, and although it can be very bad, it can also be a good thing at times. An example of a good thing to be convinced of would be something such as trying a new flavor of ice cream, or reading a different book that one had not read before. There are many different ways people can be convinced, and everyone has been convinced of something at least once in their lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment