Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Journal #14

This of my declaration of my faith. I believe in Christianity, but I am non-denominational, so I do not follow Lutheranism, Baptist, Methodist, or any other denomination of Christianity. I believe that God created the world and that he sent his son Jesus to die for everyone in the world on the cross to save them from their sins. I do not believe that one can go to Heaven just by good works alone, I believe that they must have faith in God and have Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Following God should change their lives for the better, though, and should make them want to do good things and make the world a better place. Many things are important to my faith, but Christianity is not just a set of rules and regulations. Christianity is a life-changing religion, and many people are very hypocritical about it. I try very hard not to be hypocritical, because it makes other people not want to become Christians and know the truth about Jesus Christ. Many people do not like Christians or Christianity because of the fact that so many people are hypocritical and make Christianity seem like a religion that has no real meaning and is only a set of rules and regulations that everyone needs to follow. Many Christians are also very close-minded and try to beat their religion over other peoples' heads. That is another reason that Christians may not be liked. Often, people see Christians in the wrong light or through preconceived notions, and they may be close-minded as well. There is a good chance that this will cause many problems between everyone, and this is part of the reason that so many people in America do not like each other. There are many close-minded people that can not tolerate real religious freedom, so they always try to force people to believe what the other people believe, and refuse to let it go until they have succeeded.

1 comment:

  1. I like the way you expressed your convictions. I appreciate the straight-forward style you used to express your opinions.

    ReplyDelete