Friday, September 3, 2010

Journal #4

Traveling and vacations are incredibly fun. My family takes vacations every summer. Normally we drive, and it is my dad, my mom, my two brothers, my mom's parents, and me. The seven of us fill the whole car, and there is barely any room left for putting all the luggage in. We've been to many different places. We've been to Canada, New York, Washington, D. C., Arizona, Nevada, Florida, California, South Dakota, and many places in between. We have flown to California, Florida, and Nevada, where we rented a car and drove through Arizona so we could see the Grand Canyon, which was breathtaking. We have been to Florida three times. We have driven twice and flown once, and the one time that we flew, we went with my family and a different family, not my grandparents. I love going to different places around the United States, because it is fun to see how people act and dress there. I like seeing the ocean and being able to learn more about history. I love history, and every time we go to a place with my grandparents, our days are always packed full of interesting things to do that are full of history or are just beautiful. We have seen the Grand Canyon, watched a show on Broadway, been in the Washington Monument, seen the changing of the guard, been to the San Diego zoo, been to Coney Island, and been to Disneyworld. I find many places interesting, and I enjoy seeing the rest of my family have fun as well. I like making them all laugh and watching them marvel at how amazing some of the places we have been are. The world is an incredible place and I love seeing how humans have learned to put amazing things in place to help us remember others. I love going on vacations with my family because I always have an incredibly fun time and really enjoy myself, even though it is often a huge pain to have to travel with them everywhere in cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment