Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Journal #3

I think it would be really hard to be held hostage, but it depends on who is holding me captive. If the captors were very kind to me, it would be a lot easier to be a hostage than if I was in a situation where the captors were very mean to me. If they were kind to me, gave me what I needed, and let me be, I don't think it would be all that hard to be a captive. It would be easy to follow their commands, because they are kind to me and I would want to be the same in return to show their kindness back to them and to prove to them that their kindness works very well. If the captors were mean to me, it would be a lot harder to be a hostage. I would still comply with their demands, but it would be because I was afraid of them and of what they would do to me more than because I wanted to. If they were rude to me, ignored all of my needs, and never left me alone because they were always taunting me or messing with me, I think it would be a lot harder to be held captive. I do not know how I would react to being held hostage. I would like to think that I would react very well, would handle all that they threw at me, and would only comply with the demands that I thought were right, but I honestly do not know. There is a good chance that I would have a hard time, would cry a lot, and would just follow along blindly with whatever they wanted me to do. I could try to look at other people that have been courageous in horrible situations and try to do what they did, but while I might be able to do it, I have the same chance of failing miserably. It is hard to know what one would do in a situation if one has not been put in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment