Friday, February 25, 2011

Journal #36

My favorite meal is probably Thanksgiving dinner at my grandmother's house. She cooks an unusual Thanksgiving dinner, because we eat with her for lunch, and we go to my father's mother's house for supper. She knows that we will have the standard Thanksgiving dinner for supper, consisting of turkey and sometimes ham, mashed potatoes, noodles, rolls, deviled eggs, and often some other things as well. At my mother's mother's house, we eat turkey or ham, macaroni and cheese (my favorite food), potatoes, green beans or corn, delicious rolls with jelly, and all of it in abundance. The meat is always cooked perfectly, with steam billowing off of it and it is very easy to cut. The macaroni and cheese is made from scratch, and it is amazing. The cheese is gooey and the noodles are delicious. The potatoes are very soft and buttery, and they are always very hot. I do not like green beans, but my family does, so they always eat some and they say that they are really good. I like the corn, because it is also buttery, which is always a good thing. The rolls are always soft and flaky, and the jelly is also cold and homemade. She always makes the most delicious food, and I absolutely love going to her house. She always has amazing food, and every morning that we are there for breakfast, she makes us cinnamon rolls. They are so soft and chewy, and the icing is dripping down the sides. They may be store-bought, but they taste as if they are homemade, because she puts so much love into them. She makes amazing cookies that are known throughout half of the junior class, and she also has homemade icing that has been spread throughout our family, and I love going to her house to eat, because she always makes the best food. Everything that she makes is homemade and delicious, because she cares so much about the people that she is making the food for.

No comments:

Post a Comment